DUE TO COMMUNITY HEALTH CIRCUMSTANCES
THE MAPS 2020 CONFERENCE IS TENTATIVELY RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 15-16, 2020
MAPS' 10th Biennial Conference
October 15-16, 2020 | Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Conference brochure and registration information is available here MAPS 2020 Conference Brochure
Our 10th Biennial Conference "All In. Safer Together." will provide valuable information across all settings of care, specifically as we seek to attract more attendees from long-term care, aging services, and ambulatory care settings.
There will be six general sessions spanning a broad range of patient safety topics along with 9 breakout sessions (you'll chose three) designed to engage attendees and facilitate thought provoking discussions.
Conference Topics will include:
- Learning about organizational safety journeys from companies like 3M and Mortenson Construction that can be applied in healthcare
- Serving all populations for improved safety including those with mental illness and chemical dependency, refugees and New Americans, and working towards age-friendly health systems.
- Improving strategies for communication and safety across care settings focusing on care transitions, telehealth, and containment strategies for infectious diseases.
- Empowering our teams and health professionals to safely care for others by exploring prevention in drug diversion, overcoming burnout and fatigue, and preventing violence in the workplace
- Better understanding how to engage our patients, families, and residents in quality and safety
David Fajgenbaum, MD, author of Chasing My Cure as well as Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network. David shares how applying radical approaches to old problems can lead to breakthroughs, and how he’s revolutionizing the way medical research can be done.
Fajgenbaum has been profiled on the Today Show and Good Morning America, featured in Science, and had a cover story by The New York Times. He’s one of the youngest people ever appointed to faculty at UPENN, and is in the top one percent youngest grant awardees of an R01, one of the most sought-after grants in biomedical research.
We warmly welcome organizations dedicated to safety to serve as a sponsor; see our conference sponsorship opportunities here!