The Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS) has launched a statewide, virtual Community Advisory Council.
•It is necessary that safety conversations that include patients, residents, and families
•These conversations support trusting relationships, mutual respect, and a solution-oriented culture.
Background: Dedicated organizations have needed to suspend patient and family engagement (PFE) efforts in order to focus wholly on response efforts. We want to support those organizations and their patient/family advisors and partners by hosting weekly calls for patient/family partners and advisors to give input on COVID-19 topics for the benefit of our healthcare community.
Purpose: With a focus on safety, provide a forum to elevate the perspective, ideas, and input of patients, residents, and families during the COVID-19 pandemic. This weekly call forum offers members of Patient and Family Advisory Councils, Resident/Family Advisory Councils, and patient/family advisors serving in health systems a unique opportunity to share insights and perspectives on care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This temporary, statewide Community Advisory Council is designed for patient and family advisors to address COVID-19 relevant topics for safety.
Please share this website and encourage council members and patient/family advisors to register and participate. We believe that patient/resident and family engagement in conversations for healthcare safety is as important as ever to support trusting relationships, mutual respect, and a solution-oriented culture.
Please register here in advance for these webinars (you may register for one, several, or all webinars).
Weeky Call Schedule: Perspectives on Ensuring Safe Care Everywhere during COVID-19
- May 11, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Meeting Summary: 1st Meeting MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary
- May 18, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary May 18 2020
- CANCELLED May 25 (Memorial Day), 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- June 1, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary June 1 2020
- June 8, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary June 8 2020
- June 15, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary June 15 2020
Weekly Call Details
- All calls hosted on a Zoom webinar platform (registration link above). The Zoom confirmation email will include the meeting link, calendar invitation, and phone numbers along with the meeting ID.
- MAPS staff and selected patients will facilitate the conversation
- A summary of the conversations will be published on the MAPS website and social media channels
- Attendees may receive a pre-survey via email from MAPS prior to the call in order to use our time effectively
Questions: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A sincere thank you to the Lexington Writing Firm for providing their services during and after each call as MAPS was the recipient of their inaugural pro bono services award program.