The Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS) has launched a statewide, virtual Community Advisory Council.
This weekly call forum offers members of Patient and Family Advisory Councils, Resident/Family Advisory Councils, and patient/family advisors serving in health systems a unique opportunity to share insights and perspectives on care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This temporary, statewide Community Advisory Council is designed for patient and family advisors to address COVID-19 relevant topics for safety. Dedicated organizations have needed to suspend patient and family engagement (PFE) efforts in order to focus wholly on response efforts. We want to support those organizations and their patient/family advisors and partners by hosting weekly calls for patient/family partners and advisors to give input on COVID-19 topics for the benefit of our healthcare community.
Please share this website and encourage council members and patient/family advisors to register and participate. We believe that patient/resident and family engagement in conversations for healthcare safety is as important as ever to support trusting relationships, mutual respect, and a solution-oriented culture.
Please register here in advance for these webinars (you may register for one, several, or all webinars).
Weeky Call Schedule: Perspectives on Ensuring Safe Care Everywhere during COVID-19
- May 11, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Meeting Summary: 1st Meeting MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary
- May 18, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MAPS Community Advisory Council Summary May 18 2020
- CANCELLED May 25 (Memorial Day), 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- June 1, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- June 8, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Weekly Call Details
- All calls hosted on a Zoom webinar platform (registration link above). The Zoom confirmation email will include the meeting link, calendar invitation, and phone numbers along with the meeting ID.
- MAPS staff and selected patients will facilitate the conversation
- A summary of the conversations will be published on the MAPS website and social media channels
- Attendees may receive a pre-survey via email from MAPS prior to the call in order to use our time effectively
Questions: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A sincere thank you to the Lexington Writing Firm for providing their services during and after each call as MAPS was the recipient of their inaugural pro bono services award program.